Experience a taste of Western Australian history at the FREE Midland Railway Workshops Heritage Day on Sunday 8 September from 10am to 4pm.
Take a journey through the most intact example of an early 20th century railway workshop anywhere in Australia, where steam locomotives, carriages, wagons, tracks, signals and station furniture were constructed and maintained until 1994.
Bring your family along and enjoy:
- Guided site tours
- Musical entertainment including big bands
- Midland Atelier designers on show
- Vintage family photo booth
- Children’s activities including mini train rides and train model making
- Demonstrations of working vintage machinery
- Historical displays and photographs
- Dress up competition and prizes
- Food and drink available
Hashtag #MidlandWorkshops to share your experience at Midland Railway Workshops Heritage Day.
The Midland Workshops Auction will take place on Tuesday 10 September. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take home a piece of WA’s industrial heritage. Auction items can be inspected at the Heritage Day and on Monday 9 September.