Rail Heritage WA is holding a “Rail Enthusiasts’ Day” at the Rail Transport Museum on Sunday 2nd May: 11am-5pm
Activities on the day will include:
- Book launch — Bill Gray’s revised, fully detailed, guide to all our locomotives, carriages and exhibits – now in full colour. Special first-day price!
- Selected stalls catering to enthusiasts
- Behind the scenes tours — see restoration area and talk to restorers**
- Tours through an XA diesel locomotive (bring own ear-muffs!)**
- Special displays of Western Australian prototype models – multiple scales and gauges – with help and information desk
- Behind-the-scenes tours of WA Model Railway Club system
- Used book and magazines sale
- The bookshop newly stocked
- Sausage sizzle, cool drinks, tea, coffee and snacks available
** For insurance and safety regulatory reasons, participants in these tours must wear hats and closed shoes and be over 12 years of age. We also recommend you dress appropriately for an area where objects may be rusty and/or oily.
The Railway Museum, 136 Railway Parade Bassendean WA 6054
Also available is the April newsletter from Rail Heritage: Newsletter 2010 04